The Helpline is a safe and confidential mental health service for peers, law enforcement, professionals, friends and family members.
We can help:
- Navigate the mental health and/or criminal justice system
- Help you understand your rights as a peer or family member
- Find a service or provider - based on your need, location and income
- Offer resources and materials about mental health and recovery
- By simply listening
Toll-free number: (800) 464-5767 & press "1"
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm
The Help Line is NOT a crisis line. If you believe that you or someone you know could be in crisis,
please do not hesitate to call the statewide crisis line at (888) 568-1112.
Although NAMI Maine Help Line staff is dedicated to honoring your privacy by maintaining confidentiality about your disclosures when you call or visit us, there are a limited number of circumstances under which we would be required to break confidentiality:
- You are a danger to yourself and threaten to harm yourself;
- You threaten to harm or report harm to another person;
- You are under 18 years old and report that you are a victim of child abuse.
Questions about Helpline services? Contact us today!